Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Best Christmas Present Ever Challenge

I follow Marathon Misfit.  Connie has become an inspiration to me (one of many, by the way) in her training and completing the Chicago Marathon.  She came up with the idea of the Best Christmas Present Ever Challenge to help herself lose her last 10 9 pounds. 

Here are the basics:
We're going to wrap up our current weight in a Christmas gift box along with the least-flattering picture of yourself that you can find. On Christmas morning we'll open it and either have given ourselves the best Christmas gift ever- or we'll weep awkwardly over a bunch of Old Navy Fleeces. But hopefully that won't happen.
Here's how we'll succeed:
Exercise- you can pick any fitness challenge you want. Like running? Run your butt off. Biking? Bike away. Whatever you think will make that reindeer sweater a little less snug- do it. The goal is to exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 6 days a week.
Diet- Since I'm not a dietitian and thought the Twinkie diet was a cool idea, I'm not going to tell you what to do. I will provide us with dieting tips and tricks to stick to the plan, but whether you want to count calories or go vegan is up to you.
 

I will post the picture of me and my present by the end of the week.  You will not see the unflattering photo until Christmas Day.  I am excited to have a goal to work towards; one that is more attainable.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I'm gonna wrap up a present for myself :)

    ReplyDelete