Friday, November 5, 2010

I Might as Well Face It, I am Addicted to Sugar

Since returning from Disney and getting sick, I have been trying to eat better without much success.  That and the fact that I haven't had much exercise lately have resulted in a 5 pound weight gain.  The funny thing is I only get real cravings for sugar while at work.  Once I am at home, cravings are gone.  I don't eat much crap on the weekend, I tend to have cereal and chicken with vegetables.  So why so I fail Monday through Friday?

I believe part of my craving for sugar has to do with its soothing tendencies, for me anyway.  If I am stressed, a little candy bar will do wonders to take the edge off my mood.  Lately however, one candy bar isn't cutting it.  I have to have two candy bars, and a handful of Milk Maid caramels, which were only $.57 a bag at Walgreens. 

I need to do another diet cleanse, not in the true sense of the word (no maple syrup or cayenne pepper for me).  The cleanse I am talking about has to do with removing sugar, dairy, alcohol, pop, salt and all processed foods.  A few years ago I found this website from Chet Day.  I religiously followed the program and my cravings disappeared as did my asthma.  The problem is, the program didn't have enough flavor for me...I love flavor. I think I may have to modify the program with spices.  The idea is simple, fresh fruits and vegetables...as much as you want.  I think I can have chicken too.   I am thinking that when I take a few days off later this month to purge myself of the items I no longer use, nor have used in over 3 years, I will use that time to begin the cleanse.

I want to be healthier and not as tired all of the time...which means the Diet Mountain Dew will have to go as well.  Beginning November 18th, the quest for healthier living will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment