Saturday, August 28, 2010

Unexcused Absence

I talked a big game last week in my post.  Promised to be here every day to document my progress towards getting my butt off the couch and attempting to ready myself for the half marathon I promised to run in a mere 6 weeks.  But I didn't count on salmonella poisoning;  not a part of anyone's plan.  Funny thing is, the salmonella was from eggs, not the recalled eggs from the farm in Iowa, just some undercooked eggs from a local fast food place.  And I knew it...knew it when I opened the container...the eggs didn't look right.  But I ate them anyway.  What followed was 7 days of pure misery, which I didn't connect to salmonella until Wednesday.  Just thought my intestines were rebelling against my healthy eating.
   Spent two days of my four day weekend recovering.  Today was the first day I actually felt human again.  Human enough to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment