Friday, March 26, 2010

Backing up on me...

A few years ago I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, which basically means my esophagus doesn't close at the top of my stomach. The result is severe GERD, or acid reflux disease. It hasn't bothered me in years, unless I ate Chipotle 3 days in a row. Over the last few months it seems like the hernia has decided to mess with me. Some days it is so bad I don't want to eat. Or I am afraid to eat for fear of pain, nausea, or the ever pleasant vurp.

I used to be on Propulsid, which worked fantastic, but it has since been banned due to serious side effects afflicting the heart. I never had any issues, but I never had any issues with Ephedra and they took that away too. I am seeing my doctor in a few weeks to see if I can get Reglan, which is supposed to work as well as Propulsid but without heart palpitations. This drug causes its own myriad of side effects so I will have to see what the doc says.

No comments:

Post a Comment