Saturday, February 28, 2015

Princess Half Marathon Fail

I attempted the PHM on Sunday while suffering from an upper respiratory infection. As the balloon ladies closed in on me at mile 4, my lungs closed up and I had a severe asthma attack. I was put in the sag wagon and taken to the Medical triage tent where a medical team gave me some powerade, a Mylar blanket and my food bag and medal. The doctor listened to my lungs and didn't like the "expiration wheezing" he heard so I was sent to the big medical tent. I was greeted promptly and hooked up to a pulse ox and BP machine. My BP was really high, so they made me lay down for about 30 minutes. 
I know that I shouldn't have tried to walk/run 13.1 miles while sick. But it was Disney so I had to try.  I'm still resting a week later and suffering from a cough and laryngitis. The Tinkerbell half is in 10 weeks and I HAVE to finish this race, no excuses.  I did have a nice vacation with my girls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment