Sunday, March 3, 2013

Starting over yet again

So here I go again, which is the title of an amazing book I read over the weekend by Jen Lancaster. But I digress...

I am starting my quest for health and wellness and towards my goal of completing a half marathon. I've let myself get distracted and overwhelmed by life lately. I have a paper due for school in two weeks and need to concentrate on that before beginning my training. I haven't really run since last November and will need to reinitiate myself to running slowly in order to prevent burnout and injuries.
I have a few friends that are runners and they are quite motivating. Plus, I graduate in June and would like to look less like Violet from the Willy Wonka movie and more like an older version of the woman I was in my twenties. I have a 7k race in two weeks which will indicate the start of my running season. I am going to be smart about my training and know that my eating habits need to change. The first step was the elimination of diet coke from my daily diet. This change has already manifested in the disappearance of gastrointestinal ailments.
Please join me as I start on my final journey to a healthier life. First up, my second running of Team Ortho's Get Lucky 7k on March 16th. Hoping to capture another bling for my collection.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment