Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stick a Fork in Me...I'm Done

I have returned from Disney and have a tale to tell about the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. It was an amazing experience, but I can only wonder...what the hell was I thinking? I thought that walking 5 miles with the dogs would prepare me for 13 miles...it doesn't. I did however, get my inspiration back and plan to begin seriously training for next year's race. I plan to change my diet and begin walk/jogging on a regular basis. I plan to run smaller 5k's to get my groove back. Next year I will finish the race. Now on to the weekend details....

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! Been there, done that before, and now I have to do it again!

    Maybe check out my blog too: www.100PoundsGoal.com

    --Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear more about your experience. I was really under-trained for the Wine and Dine too. But I feel good for having finished and hope someday to do a race where I can enjoy it instead of being in so much pain!

    Maybe I'll see you there next year :)

    ReplyDelete